Applications & filings
Companies regulated by the National Energy Board Act (NEB Act), Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act (COGOA) or Canada Petroleum Resources Act (CPRA) are required to seek NEB authorization or approval for various activities.
Applications under the NEB Act include:
- the construction and operation of international and interprovincial pipelines and international power lines in Canada, along with related facilities and activities, or modifying or abandoning existing facilities
- the export of crude oil, natural gas liquids and electricity, and the export and import of natural gas
- establishing pipeline tolls and tariffs
Under COGOA, approval is required for the following activities on non-Accord federal lands:
- exploration and drilling for oil and gas
- production, processing and transport of oil and gas
Applications under CPRA are required to provide information for the NEB to:
- determine possible Declarations for significant or commercial discovery on non-Accord federal lands
Consultation on Proposed Changes to Emergency Management Filing Requirements in the Board’s Filing Manual
The Board has completed a draft of its proposed changes and invited comment on the changes. The proposed changes are based on learnings from the Board’s EM consultation and transparency project, recent application processes, and general changes to the Board’s and stakeholder expectations regarding the types and scope of EM information made publically available.
The comment period is now closed. The Board will consider comments received as we move forward with updating the Emergency Management section of the Filing Manual.
I want to...
- Date modified: